ABC Organic Gardener Magazine January/February 2016
Welcome to summer and a bumper crop of Organic Gardener goodness. Grow and harvest your own avocados, mangoes and kohlrabi. Plant and cook exotic spices with Penny Woodward and Christine Manfield. Be inspired by a community of urban farmers. Plus, pick a garden course, prune a peach tree, plant geraniums, and put an end to feather plucking poultry. All in the January/February issue.
Inside the latest issue:
- Top spices to grow.
- Grow your own avocados and be rewarded with deliciously rich creamy fruit.
- Phil Dudman gives his mango harvesting tips while Julie Ray dishes up delicious recipes starring this divine fruit.
- The summer garden Must-do jobs for the season from our experts, including homemade whitefly traps and saving bean seeds.
- Cutting-edge pruning. Phil Dudman shows how to summer prune peach and nectarine trees to maintain shape, decrease risk of disease and improve yield.
- Penny Woodward lists the best plants for attracting beneficial insects to your garden, while Dennis Crawford examines the assassin bug.
- Simon Webster takes a look at the wide range of gardening and sustainable living courses on offer, from one-day workshops to degrees.
- How to turn simple ricotta into a mouth-watering masterpiece.
- Jessamy Miller lists the most common feather plucking causes and remedies.
For promotional copies and interviews, please contact:
Ph: 02 8333 4970